Meet Velvet Hand
Velvet Hand is a premium cover band great for corporate events, weddings, and any other function requiring an evening of excellent music. They have a wide range of material that can be tailored to any audience, but their specialty is reproducing the sound and live energy of the Beatles – nowhere was this more apparent than in their concert series in Kitchener in 2012, where they fully recreated the last eight entire Beatles albums live for sold-out crowds.
Velvet Hand Quick Facts
High qualityband. Professional. Classy. Respectful.
- Choose their Beatles Tribute or 60’s Revival show, or they can provide their Traditional Cover Song Night including Top 40, classic rock, country, oldies, contemporary (see pg 2’s sample
- Can also provide their Rockband Karaoke Night, where your guests come up to join the band.
- Can provide up to five hours of material
Soundsystem is included in the fee
- Great alternative to a DJ –your guests get a much higher quality, live-music experience, either as background music or to get them up dancing
More About Velvet Hand
Beatles Tribute Show
Velvet Hand is committed to faithfully reproducing the sound & live energy of the Beatles. They don’t wear wigs or put on Liverpudlian accents, but lead singer Pete Oldridge’s performance has been praised by CBC as “eerily like the Beatles”. Their re-creation of the songs & energy of the Fab Four is a hit with Beatles fans everywhere. See if your guests can stump them with a Beatles request they can’t play!
60’s Revival Show
This show features a variety of artists & hit songs from the 50’s & 60’s. See the repertoire sample to give you an idea of the nostalgia and memories you’ll recreate for your guests.
Traditional Cover Song Night
Top 40, classic rock, oldies, country, & contemporary songs – the band can tailor the repertoire to your audience.
Rockband Karaoke Night
Your guests become the stars of the show as they join the band onstage to sing their favorite songs. A much classier & fun experience than a traditional karaoke party – your guests get to see what it’s like to be the lead singer onstage as a member of a rock band.
Here are a few examples of songs and styles, contact us for a full repertoire list.
Beatles – Twist & Shout, Please Please Me, She Loves You, Hey Jude, Let It Be, Revolution, Come Together, Hard Day’s Night, Ticket to Ride, All My Loving, etc
50’s & 60’s – Runaround Sue, My Girl, Wild Thing, California Dreamin’, Shout, Satisfaction, California Girls, Born to Be Wild, Light My Fire, Happy Together, etc
Country – Folsom Prison, Fishin’ in the Dark, Friends in Low Places, Walk the Line
70’s & 80’s – Stuck in the Middle, Superstition, Crazy Little Thing Called Love, I Will Survive, Ghostbusters, Tiny Dancer, Funkytown, Sweet Dreams, Billie Jean
Contemporary – Uptown Funk, Shut Up and Dance, Hey Ya, Mr. Jones, etc
- Rockband Karaoke is $5000 + GST, other shows are $1600-$3000 + GST
- Travel and accommodations may be extra where applicable, contact us for details.
- If the fee falls outside your budget, please call us to discuss this. Depending on a few factors (including the day of the week, the nature of your event, and how it fits with the artist’s touring schedule) we can occasionally negotiate a reduced fee.
- We also offer a variety of other artists whose entertainment styles and fees may be a better fit for your event. We invite you to call us to discuss your event so that we can help you provide an unforgettable experience for your guests.
“Dynamic and versatile, with incredible music covering various genres and eras, I found them to be utmost professionals. Their sound is tight and their vocals are strong. They have great stage presence and ability to read the crowd, engaging their audience with humour and ease. They will be my first call whenever I need a band!”
Kyla Earle – Event Co-ordinator, Saskatoon, SK
“We’ve been very impressed with how flexible and accommodating Velvet Hand are. Their music was such a hit with our guests that we have been happy to fly them out every year for encore performances – our party would not be the same without them!”
Tom Motz – private event, Waterloo, ON
“Velvet Hand were the perfect choice for our wedding dance! They played all the songs that make for great dancing… known Wallflowers were rocking it out, and thanking us for it after it was done. The only thing we had to do with it, was making the right booking!”