Since 1998, HOJA has energized and entertained over 3,000 audiences nationwide with their unique style of acappella-comedy and their ability to tailor their show to appeal to different audience ages and tastes. From doo-wop to rock, disco to country, no music genre is safe from Canada’s acappella heroes. HOJA’s wonderful harmonies, funny stage banter, great audience interaction, favorite songs to sing along with, fun & energy ensure your guests have an experience they’ll never forget.
Based out of Calgary, AB, HOJA is a professional, auditioned group managed by Fat Cat Productions. 31 talented young performers have been members of the group over the past 17 years.
HOJA Quick Facts
- Lush vocal versions of favorite songs from many eras, providing your audience with an unforgettable experience that is familiar & unique at the same time
- Great for staff parties, conferences, festivals, fundraisers, public shows, and other community events
- Can feature traditional doo-wop acappella or liven it up to include beatboxing, pop songs, country & disco
- Their stage show features fun choreography, big laughs, and great audience participation
- They can also provide background entertainment that focuses on keeping the music flowing
- HOJA’s sound system is included in the fee
Tailoring the HOJA Show to your Audience
We are happy to discuss with you your thoughts on what combination of their repertoire types would best suit your audience, including:
Traditional Acappella — including acappella standards like Lion Sleeps Tonight, Coney Island Baby, Stand By Me, Brown Eyed Girl
Country Acappella — including Fishin’ in the Dark, I’m in a Hurry, Something Like That, Folsom Prison Blues
70’s & 80’s — including Sweet Dreams, Stayin’ Alive, 500 Miles, Down on the Corner
Modern Acappella — including beat-boxing & imitating instruments. Many people cannot believe the full band sound created by just three singers using only their voices, and they even demonstrate to your guests how to do a few of the sounds for themselves.
The group has a lot of experience with different events and can perform an easy-on-the-ears, more traditional show to keep things low-key or a livelier show if you’re hoping to really energize your guests. Many events have a variety of ages attending, and HOJA is the perfect entertainment choice for these by offering a little something for everyone. Since the songs are done in a unique vocal style, audience members often find themselves enjoying styles of music they don’t usually listen to.
One-4-One Free Community Performance
A Sample of Some of HOJA’s Past Clients
• Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy & Petroleum • Cameco • TD Canada Trust • Calgary Stampede • ATCO Electric • RBC • Realtors Association of Edmonton • Husky Energy • Monsanto Canada • Cenovus Energy • Air Canada • Canadian Institute of Forestry • Federated Co-operatives Ltd. • Northern Alberta Institute of Technology • Canadian Association of Pre-Retirement Planners • Investors Group • Suncor • Tourism Industry Association of Canada • ERCO Worldwide • Lloydminster Animal Hospital • University of Saskatchewan • Western Canada Summer Games • Vancouver Canucks Anthems • Many Rotary, Kinsmen, Kinnette, FCSS, and other community service groups
- HOJA’s standard fee is $3000+GST. Certain types of community shows qualify for a reduced rate of $2000+GST, please call us to discuss.
- Travel and accommodations may be extra where applicable, contact us for details.
- HOJA finds that a 60 minute show works well for most events, if you feel you need a longer show please call us to discuss this.
- If the fee falls outside your budget, please call us to discuss this. Depending on a few factors (including the day of the week, the nature of your event, and how it fits with the artist’s touring schedule) we can occasionally negotiate a reduced fee.
- We also offer a variety of other artists whose entertainment styles and fees may be a better fit for your event. We invite you to call us to discuss your event so that we can help you provide an unforgettable experience for your guests.
"People say that the entertainment you book either makes or breaks your party/gathering, and HOJA absolutely made our event. They played a wide variety of songs that appealed to all, and the high energy and camaraderie that these three guys have is incredible!"
Dorothy Lacoste - Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
"The group arrived on time and were a real joy to work with; they are truly some of the nicest young men I have ever had the privilege of meeting. The performance was absolutely wonderful and completely enjoyed by every age group. I have the highest regard for the talent and the caring manner displayed by the members of HOJA."
Dolores Person - Delia & District Community Centre
"With such a diverse audience it can be difficult to please all in attendance, but HOJA had everyone in the audience engaged. They were a pleasure to work with, and they went out of their way to ensure the crowd they were entertaining would enjoy what they had to offer."
Chelsea Wright - AREVA Resources
"HOJA hit the stage singing and dancing, and had the audience captivated in the first 30 seconds of the show. Their energy and enthusiasm was infectious! The guys were a delight to work with before, during, and after the concert."
John Barth - Lakes District Arts Council, Burns Lake BC
"The song choice was perfect & their ability to get the crowd to interact was very effective. Their high energy and showmanship are outstanding. HOJA is a must to see, to hear & to experience."
Jill McDougall - Midwest Shrine Association, Regina SK
"HOJA not only puts forward a top notch, fun-filled, entertaining show every time they perform, but they are also one of the best acts to work with off-stage."
Brent Kloeble - Events Edge Entertainment Bureau