A Unique Touch of Class
Emma Rouleau has been writing and performing music in and around Calgary her entire life. She developed her jazzy, soulful voice performing acappella for many years before incorporating her beloved ukulele into her performances. This striking combination has now become her signature sound, allowing her to bring a very unique touch of class to any event.
Emma Quick Facts
- Her jazzy, soulful voice accompanied by her ukulele adds a very unique touch of class to any event.
- Can tailor a set of music to your theme. Your guests will be delighted to hear some of their favourite songs from days gone by, performed in Emma’s signature style.
- A great fit for corporate and private parties, product launches, art openings, festivals, fundraisers, any event requiring elegant music in the background.
- Can take up very little venue space if required. Perfect for events that require a softer, more intimate sound and entertainment experience as a backdrop.
- Can also perform a stage show for a more focused and attentive crowd, including sharing witty and endearing stories & anecdotes about her songs.
- Can easily plug into your venue’s sound system or can provide a small system that is unobtrusive.
Businesses and community groups across Western Canada are discovering the hidden gem that is Emma Rouleau. Your guests may have enjoyed a jazz vocalist in the past, but they’ve likely never had the experience they will with Emma & her ukulele - the perfect combination of elegant and whimsical.
In addition to providing an elegant musical backdrop, Emma’s endearing, down-to-earth personality shines through her performance, and she forms an intimate connection with her audience using a simple glance while delivering a soulful expression of a lyric.
Her song selection includes jazz, folk, singer-songwriter, pop, bluegrass, some originals, and some truly unique covers. She has a wonderful talent for taking a classic song that people love and putting her own unique spin on it, often performing songs that no-one would have expected from a ‘jazzy-ukelele girl’.
She has tailored her show for easy-listening background music, romantic themes, Christmas events, upbeat parties, and even a James Bond theme.
Let Emma enhance your next event in a wonderfully original way, bringing a unique touch of class to you and your guests.
Emma’s repertoire is a truly varied mix of styles, genres, and eras. Her goal is to provide her listeners with enjoyable songs, many of which they will recognize but not necessarily have expected. Here are a few examples of what you might hear at her show:
- Classic, thoughtful songs such as Time in a Bottle, Lean on Me, and Hallelujah
- Traditional songs like Fields of Athenry by The Dubliners & Ukulele Lady by Arlo Guthrie
- 80’s classics including Sweet Dreams, Billie Jean, and Walking on Sunshine
- 60’s & 70’s hits like Bye Bye Love, Waterloo, Sweet Caroline, Rocket Man
- Folk and Celtic songs by artists like Flogging Molly, The Decemberists, and Edde Reader
- A few covers you wouldn’t likely expect such as Sweet Child o’ Mine and Hey Ya
- At certain times of year she’s been known to include wonderful versions of Let it Snow, White Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, and many other yuletide favorites
- Emma’s standard fee range is $600-$1400 + GST for up to 2 hours.
- Travel and accommodations may be extra where applicable, contact us for details.
- If the fee falls outside your budget, please call us to discuss this. Depending on a few factors (including the day of the week, the nature of your event, and how it fits with the artist’s touring schedule) we can occasionally negotiate a reduced fee.
- We also offer a variety of other artists whose entertainment styles and fees may be a better fit for your event. We invite you to call us to discuss your event so that we can help you provide an unforgettable experience for your guests.
Contact Us to discuss booking Emma Rouleau for your event.
“I had the pleasure of hiring Emma Rouleau on three separate occasions for private functions I held for business clients over the past few years. Emma always showed up early ready to get to work, which I appreciated more than she’ll ever know. The soulfulness and true spirit of a singer-songwriter she possesses always had the ability to touch the audience in a way that a large band or DJ just could not hold a candle to.”
Zach Lowe - CEO, Blue Scholar Ventures Corp
“Our fundraising event was busy and bustling, but the room would become quiet when Emma took the floor. Her performance transfixed the audience as she commanded our attention, with quiet, soulful notes and haunting songs that swept you in.”
Jason Mehmel - Artistic Directory, Sage Theatre